22 December 2008

The Birth Of Commericalism

Christmas defined the Urban Dictionary way.

Aged 60+ :
  • "Oh no, the family is coming over for lunch, I have to put up with their whining and mess."
.Aged 50+ :
  • "Christmas is so stressful!!! Where am I going to come up with all the money for presents?!"
Aged 40+ (mid-life-crisis-era)+ :
  • "Christmas means big meals. It also means the time of year one adds more inches to their middle!"
Aged 30+ (starting-family-era)+ :
  • "Christmas is seeing the look of joy on my child face on Christmas morning. It's better to give than receive."
Aged 20+ (lonely-depressive-bacholor-era)
  • "Christmas is all about Santa who was invented by the CocaCola company to make millions off the stupid. Christmas is a gimmick. Its the one day a year I have to go to church."
Teen agers (I-know-everything-era):
  • "Christmas is meant to celebrate the birth of Christ, its a catholic tradition shared all over the world, even though Jesus' birthday isn't actually on the 25th..."
Young children every where:
  • "I love Christmas cos Santa comes and gives me what ever I want, but its yucky waiting to open the presents. Its ok, cos I peek every year at them."

So, yeah. Christmas eh? Not a fan of it myself.

Have only ever had one good Christmas but now it's something of a "Last Christmas" song. Christmas is all about family and your loved ones amirite? Fuck that shit for a load of balls. Seriously. Why does the 25th December have to be the day that you HAVE to sit down around a table with your family and make small talk and eat a 5 course meal and watch films? What if you don't wanna do that? What if I wanna go out and window shop or use public transport? I can't do that can I? No. All the fecking shops are shut. BAH!

Anyways, thank fuck it's over , now just for New Years to be gone with and I'm a happy poshy again!



posh. x

3 comments:

  1. I hear you sister, I hear you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hangover Day darling! Hope your hangover is as good as mine... (minus the screaming kids of course!) I'm trying to decided what time is morally acceptable to open the last bottle of bubbly... just to get away from it all! LOL!

    Roll on 2009! See you on the set... ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, love what ya ve wrote...

    ReplyDelete